- Secrets of the Demon by Diana Rowland. This one doesn't come out until January 4, but I can't wait. Ms. Rowland's Demon series is one of my top three urban fantasy favorites. Her books have a strong sense of place, and her heroine Kara is tough without being prickly. Love!
- Tempest's Legacy by Nicole Peeler. This is another favorite series of mine. It's smart and sexy and doesn't take itself too seriously. Fantastic.
- Black Wings by Christina Henry. I read an excerpt a few weeks ago, and I was hooked.
- Dark Oracle by Alayna Williams. I'm a big fan of Laura Bickle's Anya Kalinczyk series, so I thought I'd check out her Oracle series, written under her Alayna Williams pseudonym. Plus, I like science fiction, and this novel seems to have a science fictiony flavor to it.
- Room by Emma Donoghue. Enough people (my mother, my agent, every top ten list I've run across) have now recommended this book that I think I'd be crazy not to read it.
- The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri. I've never read it. I don't know why.
- Faithful Place by Tana French. Tana French writes beautifully: she combines gorgeous language with gripping narrative, and that's a talent I admire. I'm really looking forward to this one.
- Freedom by Jonathan Franzen. I think it's time I jump on the bandwagon. Or am I supposed to jumping off of it now? I haven't been keeping track. Regardless, I'd like to form an opinion for myself.
Any suggestions to help me use up the rest of my gift card haul? I'm particularly looking for a good, non-formulaic mystery. I haven't read widely in the mystery genre myself, and I could use some guidance. What are you looking forward to reading in 2011?