Are you an Urban Fantasy Heroine? Recognizing the early signs can mean the difference between an exciting life filled with adventure and hot men, and a painful, early death. Take this quick test to find out, and prepare accordingly. (Check all that apply to you.)
- At least one of your parents is missing or unknown.
- You own a mysterious familial artifact. (Bonus points if it’s a weapon!)
- You live in a city large enough to warrant an extensive public transportation system.
- Two or more unreasonably attractive men are trying to get you into bed, and at least one of them has fangs/wings/fur/flippers/control issues.
- You have fangs/wings/fur/flippers/control issues.
- You get inexplicable painful/tingly feelings in your chest/hands/head. (Not related to #4 above.) (But bonus points if they intensify around #2.)
If you answered “yes!” to at least three of the above, you might be an Urban Fantasy Heroine! In approximately five pages, your life is going to change forever. You might want to stock up on painkillers and bandages. Also, if you can figure out who your father is now, you'll save yourself from an unpleasant surprise around page 139.
If you answered “yes” to less than three of the above, you might be an Expendable Side Character. Do your best to get a transfer to a novel with less violence. Good luck!